Fashion, books, fun for the over-50s.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, 25 November 2020

You Say Vest, I Say Gilet - And Link-Up

 Garments have different names in the UK and the US.  Is This Mutton explores the differences starting with gilet which is called a vest in the US.  She wears a lollipop pink faux fur gilet from Kettlewell.
It's amusing how we have different names for garments here in the UK and in the US.  What I'm wearing above is a gilet in the UK, but a vest in the US  (and in the Middle East, a vest is a long over garment for men). 

Blog Design Created by pipdig